Saturday, March 24, 2007

Learning and running red lights to bake cookies

I know I did have the usual three dreams last night. The first I don't remember at all. I couldn't even bring up any images of it when I woke up at midnight. The second one involved a long tall man who was teaching me something. That's all I remember about it. The third dream, I remember!

I was at school, and I saw people baking chocolate chip cookies, but they were really sad looking. I knew I could make some really good chocolate chip cookies (in a pizza pan, no less) so I was running as fast as I could to get to my oven! I passed some classmates who I really didn't know and chanted as I passed that I was off to make some cookies!

I kept running, but apparently not fast enough, because my brain put me in a car so I could get there faster. It didn't give me good timing, and I ran a red light that was just about to turn green. An old woman on the other side of the intersection was thinking of turning left, but I avoided her and got to my oven where my cookies were waiting for me.

I was flattening some of them out (not something I would actually do for chocolate chip cookies) and getting ready to put them in the oven when the girls I pass came up to me all mad yelling at me because I ran over that poor old woman's dog and didn't even stop!

"I didn't hit any dogs!" I assured them, but they would listen. So I went over after they had gone and my cookies were in the oven. There was a little cocker spaniel sitting there, not dead at all. I reached down to pick it up. It was a little sore on one side, and I wondered why the "sweet" little old woman had left it there.

Turns out, she had tossed the poor little thing out the window because it was barking in her face! Of course, those girls were long gone, so as far as they know, I hit a poor little old lady's dog and just kept going.

Of course, it was just a dream, but still! I want to find those girls tonight and tell them they needed to have a little less pre-judgement happening, and a little better deductive reasoning skills in place if they want to be in my dreams!

No comments: