Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Good, The Bad, The Piano and the Spider.

My dreams really are becoming more typical. Not normal, because I don't know what that is.

The first dream I remember having was about bad guys and good guys. It started with a bad guy threatening to kill a couple of guys if they don't give them the money. I was one of the good guys, and I really wasn't willing to part with my money. It couldn't have been much, about $500 I guess (which is about how much I really have). It was in this big filing box that had tons and tons checks in it. We kept telling the guy that all the money was in the bank. He believed it and was about to leave. Then I saw a little corn of the money sticking down out of the box. I went over and pushed it back up. I didn't know if he saw it, but I had the feeling he'd be back when I wasn't there.

Then, I was this beautiful black woman, the wife of the guy I was, and I saw the guy coming back. I ran back to the apartment to save the wife of the other guy. I told her to hurry up and follow me, the bad guys were coming. I ran to the utility room on the ground level floor, and we slipped through an opening in the floor. It lead to a really dark tunnel (lit only for film purposes, but pitch black to us - like in LOTR when Frodo goes into the tunnels), but I knew the way out. I was holding the other girls hand and feeling along the walls of the tunnels for turns. At the last turn I was telling her to tell me when we got to the next turn. We went through it and waiting for us was the red cross. They were going to take us to the hospital in their red cross mobile. I kept telling them the bad guys were after us.

I don't know if they listened, I woke up.




In the second dream I bought a new piano so Megan would feel guilty about taking hers with her. There was room for it and everything! It sounded so good, and I thought it would be fun to learn to play songs that Megan knows, but her piano is really out of tune. I hired a guy to come and tune it.

But, like any fantasy worth it's spit, I decided to get it on with the guy. Unfortunately, Lex showed up, and in my dream we were still married. He made such a fuss, and I was so mad. I grabbed a piano string and was going to beat him with it, but then I was all alone.

So I went to put the string on a nail in the wall, but there was a spider on the nail. So I went to find one a little farther in the doorway, and as soon as I got past the spider I turned and looked at it. All of a sudden it was about the size of a tennis ball. I decided I would jot past it back into the room, but I was being held back by spider webs. I made a mad dash to get past it, but it jumped on my back and bit me. It hurt. When I woke up, the muscles in my back were all in a spasm. I guess my body just wanted to get into the dream and make it that much more real for me.

No comments: