Monday, June 30, 2008

Waitressing

It's been a while since I remembered my dream. Last night I dreamed that I was supposed to work as a waitress in this little cafe. No one had really trained me yet, but all of a sudden the bosses were pointing at the tables and people were sitting there, apparently perturbed, because they hadn't been waited on. I was trying to get them some water, but no one would tell me what glasses to use. Finally, the big fat bald old male boss told me to use these plastic glasses that had been flattened. The dream ended with me trying to open up the glasses so I could pour water in them.

The disturbing part of this dream was that the woman was someone I have had some kind of dealings with recently. She was about 60, had her hair all teased, curled and sprayed. She was wearing a bright floral pant suit and she waddled as she walked because she was overweight. I cannot, for the life of me, remember where I have seen this woman! I can't help think that the business I had with her had something to do with Megan, but I can't place her. I got the distinct impression that she thought I was beneath her. Who is she? Is she really someone I have done business with? Is she a compilation of many people? I don't know. It just might drive me batty!

1 comment:

Steven said...

I HATE HATE HATE those dreams!! I used to have them all of the time when I was working at Johnny Carinos.

-Megan