Sunday, October 12, 2008

Burning Houses, Ice Dolls, Brain Tumors and Driving to Closely

Have you ever noticed how dreams never have a beginning or resolution? At least mine don't.

So, I'm sitting with some people I know, in the dark. I think we are in a park having a picnic. At night. Well-that's how dreams go, isn't it?

I look to the right and see giant flames leaping into the sky. I point the spectacle out to my companions and we decide to go check it out.

When we get there, it isn't clear whether the house has burned down or just the giant elm tree, but the people who lived there said the house was fine. It was black, but since they said it was fine, it must have been. Anyway, my dream self believed them. And since it suddenly became midday, things had to be fine, right?

So we're sitting and talking for a while. Then I leave with my companions (nameless faceless friends). We are driving in a convertible on a hot day down Shoshone street, having a great time. We have these pieces of ice that in my dream were really dolls. We were giving them to all the little kids. I never saw any little kids, but boy were we giving away the dolls, and boy, did all the little girls love them!

Then we were down to the last of them, and they were nothing but broken shards of ice. The friend who was driving shrugged her shoulders and stuck one in her mouth and crunched it, much to the dismay of all the little girls wanting the dolls. Cannibal woman!

We got to the hospital (I guess - because I was there all of a sudden) and the doctors were firing up the life flight helicopter. They were trying to find a hospital that would take me immediately so I could get brain surgery. Apparently I had a brain tumor. It was an adventure!



Yesterday morning I was looking to the right, then I looked ahead of me to see that I was about to rear-end the car in front. I slammed on the brakes, and the pain of my ankle being tweaked by my foot hitting the footboard of my bed woke me up!

No comments: