Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Relationship woes

There is no saying how or why it started. I can't even really remember what I was doing. But I was at someone's house (friends of his) and I was working really hard to do something I thought would make him happy. A girl was telling me he would really love it, but I felt she was just humoring me. Then he came by to get me. He was a combination of Lex (that was his name anyway), and Dale, and I guess the majority of men I have had relationships with. He had a german shepherd.

We were going home, he had just rented a place for us. We were driving in his old beater car and we drove to the place. I remember feeling disappointed because I didn't think he approved of all the work I had done for him. Then I remember thinking "oh well, I'm tired of trying to please guys and them not thinking they have to please me!" (this may be a real breakthrough. If I'm dreaming it, it might be set in my mind!)

When we got to the apartment, it was in a mall, but no mall like I've ever been in. It looked like an ancient city at night. We went in and there was a movie theater on the entry floor. I was all excited because we could just take the elevator up and see a movie any time we wanted. He said it wasn't like that, that the apartment was actually several feet down the hall. Then he looked at me and said "If I'd only known! I would have got the other one!"

Then the alarm went off.

No comments: